Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

There's a lot to be thankful for all the time, but here are a few of my highlights. Sound off in the comments about what you are thankful for this year!

I'm thankful for my husband who supports me in all my craziness and even encourages me. He makes it all worth while!
I'm thankful for my job and the fact that it gives me the opportunity to help people. So far the people I work with have been awesome and I've looked forward to going in each night. Some of them think I'm weird to be so excited to be there, but this place has real potential to be the best and I have the opportunity to help make that happen with them.
I'm thankful that today I get to start evening shift on the locked ward. It's a big deal and I'm going to meet the most interesting people there. Added bonus, my patients will be awake and interactive and I get to sleep with my husband at night! Yay!

I'm thankful that the kittens I first saw in October have come inside and are slowly getting used to us. It's been less than a week and already they will lay out in the open and eat in front of us. They don't like being touched yet, but we can approach them with out them freaking out now. I think they are between 8 and 10 weeks old and we have no idea what their sexes are yet. It'll be a surprise.
Cerberus

Tanus

Kate our gray chicken hurt her leg, but she's healing up and we're all thankful she is back outside with the other chickens. I don't think she liked being inside and watching her hobble around out there makes me smile. Hopefully in a few weeks she'll be back to normal!

Healing nicely!

Yesterday we discovered our first egg! I think Alexis laid it. It's tiny, but perfectly formed. I hope they stay spotted!

The first egg!
I'm super thankful that my household has come through this year almost intact and has even managed to grow a bit We will never be the same, but we are in the homestretch now and 2015 is going out on a super high note. I'm really thankful for everything I have and the chances we will have. 
Life is great and I get to find the awesome in every day. That is something to be thankful for. 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving - to all your menagerie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you Betty! Nicely said. I'm thankful for a lot too - family, friends, health, stability. But I don't want to write a book in your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There really is a lot to be thankful for! It's good to remember them!

      Delete
  3. hurm.... chickens. i live in a housing estate that wouldn't approve poultry or cattle. but a chicken as a pet.... this might go through :)

    ReplyDelete