Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

It's been a busy, good week

I finally completed the Comparative Religion class I've been taking and turned in my essay. I was a little worried because it took me so long. It was a go at your own pace online class, but I'm sure there is a limit to how long they would have waited.  For a writer I really have issues turning things in in a timely manner. Well I passed, and in the mail on Thursday was this beautiful certificate! Now I just have to figure out which class to take next.
It's so shiny!
Yesterday was my 10 year anniversary so to celebrate I ordered dinner in. I had it delivered from Brother's Noodles and it was as good as I remembered. They don't usually deliver to my area, nothing but pizza will, but I pulled the sympathy and large tip card and they were more than happy to bring it over. I really loved the Kung Pao chicken, it had just the right amount of heat and the vegis in it were still nice and crisp.

Kung Pao Chicken
The Mongolian beef was a bit bland, so I broke out my squeezie garlic and that really brought it to life. They did get the heat factor spot on though. I'd never had it with bell peppers and it really adds a good dimension to it. What I really want to know though is how they get the rice to be sticky, but not slimy. It's the perfect texture and firmness. Whoever does their cooking is really great!
Mongolian Beef
The rest of the evening was spent watching cheesy Netflix and relaxing. All in all it was a good day.

On the writing front I'm still on schedule to self-publish at the end of this month. I'm so excited! Although it would be nice if the monsters I live with would leave me be for more than 5 minutes. Somebody is always yelling at the door, but the worst are the strange crashing sounds that you go to investigate. There is never anything out of place when you go look. It's weird.
On the running front I'm redoing Zombies, Run 5k week one again next week. My knee is still a bit annoyed, but I think it's coming around. Or maybe it's just giving up the battle. I plan to keep taking it slow though. I kind of like this running and I don't want to not be able to walk.
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment