Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Some of the food we've made recently!

Since I'm still waiting on my number I've been trying out cooking and I think I'm getting pretty good at it! It's exciting to learn new techniques and make something that doesn't take up space in the house.
Here are a few things I've made that my husband and I really enjoyed.

Yummy curry!
I got the recipe for this curry from the book Supermarket Vegan by Donna Klein. It's a great recipe with coconut lime rice and a really tasty and savory chickpea curry on top. It even reheated well and helped me find a way I will eat beans.



Stuffed acorn squash!

Stuffed globe squash!
My mom in law gave us this adorable globe squash and I wanted to try stuffing it. We got a small acorn squash to go with it because there's two of us. I had trouble finding a vegetarian recipe for stuffed squash that actually sounded good so I made up my own. It was the first time we had had stuffed squash and I was a bit worried. However it came out great! Here's how I did it.

Stuffed Squash Filling:
Cooked rice
Bell pepper, chopped
Mushroom, chopped
Onion, chopped
Garlic, minced
Tomato, small chopped and seeded.
Parmesan cheese
I suck at measuring things, just use the amounts needed to stuff the squash you're using. Saute the vegis in a pan until soft, I used 2 tbsp of water. When soft add rice and mix well. Let stuffing cool. Add in the Parmesan and mix well. Then stuff the heck out of your squash with it! Sprinkle cheese on top and bake as per the type of squash you are using.
Next up I want to try this in tomatoes or peppers!


Kung Pao Tofu!
This one was last nights dinner. My husband did most of this meal and it came out great! The recipe came from the Supermarket Vegan  cookbook again. I really like that book! It's an actual tasty way to eat tofu. It's a nice garlicky sauce that has a bit of spice that sneaks up on you. I added more vegis than the recipe called for, but it still came out great.
I'm really enjoying learning to cook. It's more fun than I thought it would be. If you make the stuffing let me know how it turns out for you!
Have fun! 

2 comments:

  1. Are you going vegan or vegetarian? I have been vegetarian for years, but can't quite (yet) make the next step. Dairy is my down-fall. I do love my cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vegetarian, I don't think I can give up my cheese! I've just been using that cook book because it has really easy recipes with ingredients I can understand. Plus it's really tasty!

      Delete