Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Actively searching elsewhere now

It's been almost a week since I applied for more positions at the hospital and I haven't heard anything yet. Since that's where I really want to be I gave them all the time I could, but times up. I still have hope (it just won't die!), but maybe that's not going to happen for me at this time in my life. I'm still obsessively checking my job page there for any changes though.
I'm researching other places to work more thoroughly and have started applying. I'm pacing myself to about 4 a day so the number grows steadily until A: I run out of places in a 10 mile radius; or B: I get a job. There are a ton of places here if I'm not to picky.
In the meantime, my dear husband and I have decided to take up yoga and got some disks for clearance to try out. I'm not very good at it yet, but it's only been about 6 days and I'm already noticing an improvement in my flexibility. Even my knee seems happier now.
I feel great when I do it and it lasts almost the whole day. Plus, the scenery they have in the background helps to pull me out of the tiny world I live in. I'm trying to do it for 3 days then take a day off, that way I don't over do and it seems to be working for me.
The little grasshopper is still here and I've named it Jimmy. I've found out that it's not full grown and will probably stay until it is. Today it's been raining all day and the little thing really seems to be loving it.
Jimmy likes the rain.

The chooks don't like the rain very much and every time I go check on them they are hanging out in their house.

Is it dry yet?

However they all come out to eat from my hand, well almost all of them.


Snack time run.

They gather eagerly under the overhang while I scoop some out, then they peck my hand empty before going back inside.


It is snack time!

All of them except Kate, who's normally the friendliest. I wonder if she's put off by the big, blue laundry basket on my head (I can't find my umbrella).

She's having none of this nonsense!

6 comments:

  1. Love the pics of the livestock. My wife would love some chickens but we don't have the space.

    Best of luck with the job hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The chickens are great, but they do need a lot of room to play and dig. They are fun to watch though. Maybe someday you'll get some too.

      Delete
  2. :) Good luck with the job hunting.
    I have a housemate who is looking all over for a job now, but he is so picky! He is only 19.
    Nice chickens. I love scrambled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not picky at all anymore. I can't wait until they start laying eggs I like them scrambled too!

      Delete