Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

An update on the Craigslist employment scams

I went ahead and "fell for" the Yamaha car wrap scam to see what would happen. This is what happens when I'm bored at home. Fortunately, I may have a job that starts next week. That's if I survive orientation. I can't wait to start school next month!
The idiots actually sent me a check for $1900! Like I'm stupid enough to cash it. It was mailed from Phoenix and the return address is for a school in Fort Worth, TX. The check is from a bank in Washington, DC. These people get around.
I called the school and Yamaha and spoke to people there. I gave them all the info I have and I hope it does some good. I emailed the bank because after over 10 minutes on hold I got bored and went off to do something else. They may or may not get back to me.
The lady from Yamaha in California was very glad I called and alerted them. The Detective man from the school in Texas actually took a statement from me over the phone! It was really fun to be doing the right thing and I hope these boogers are brought down!
Meanwhile it's back to boring for me. Don't forget I'm gratefully accepting donations for school so please pass it on.
Have fun!
Betty

2 comments:

  1. You're a crime fighter!

    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be cool! I just want to help stop these jerks before someone looses their home or worse because of them.

      Delete