Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Another Beautiful Day, Another Skewer Failure

It was a good ride, but I don't think the locking skewers are going to work out. Once again I stopped, this time to take a pic of this neat mailbox and the tire slipped.



I had the tool with me and fixed it and all was fine until I stopped again for this cool railroad mailbox. So I fixed it again.




I was only a couple of blocks from home so I walked Lucy just in case. That's when I saw this cool radiator mailbox.


Riding my bike is helping me see so many cool and interesting things and I'm going places that I would never walk to. I would never walk through alleys because you never knew what might be in them, now I just zip right through. I'm finding pockets in my own neighborhood I never knew existed! It's fantastic!
Once I got home I took the locking skewers out and compared them to my quick release ones. The gripping part of the Forte skewers is much smaller and it's just a ridged washer made of aluminum. It's not steel on that part and doesn't have much texture to it. They are going back to the store tomorrow, it's to bad I tossed the receipt but at least I'll get store credit. 
On a happier note I ordered the saddle and it should be here Wednesday or Thursday! I can't wait to try it out!


1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you will get store credit for those locking skewers - they do sound to be failures. And dangerous ones at that.
    Love the mail boxes.

    ReplyDelete