Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Some Things I Saw On My Walk Today

I went for a walk in a neighborhood near my old salon. Three times a week I go and tidy up the building before the stylists come in for the day. Sometimes I miss it there, but the rent was more than we could afford and I get to live the dream of being a starving artist/writer! (Not actually starving, just happily scraping by.) 
We can afford what we need, and when I sell paintings or jewelry we can get a little extra. It's actually a great lesson in living within your means and going it frugally. The only bumps we've hit were poor Zelda (who's wounds have healed to 1/2 size now and the one under her tail is fully closed. Yay!), and yesterday's plumbing issue that my husband fixed quite easily with a rental snake. 
The walk was great and I had fun going around a different place. I can't wait to be able to ride my bike there, it's only 8 miles so hopefully in a month or so. I've been increasing mileage with the 10% rule. I think I could go farther, but I don't want to hurt myself.  I'm up to 5 miles on the path and it's driving me crazy. I really need to break out and take a turn off, I just might end up lost though. Maybe I need to get lost.
Anyway, here is a handful of shots from this mornings walk!

Beautiful purple and green prickly pear. That will make a great element in a painting.

I want a gate like this! I love fancy metal work and this is fancy!

Tentacle monster cactus. This gives me an idea for a story...

Dove on a roof, couldn't believe it held still for me. It flew off after I took a few shots of it. Must be getting better at sneaking.

I love the stripes in this rock. If it hadn't been bigger than my head I might have taken it home. I collect random rocks.

Azalea bushes are in full bloom. They smell good, but will make you very sick if you eat them. 

5 comments:

  1. nice images you noticed and captured

    ALOHA from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful walk - thank you. And I am very glad that Zelda is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cactus monster sounds like fun - surely they made a movie about them back in the '50s? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there was! Someday I'll write the book!:-)

      Delete
  4. Lovely walk! I also prefer the frugal life to a decadent one. More time to stop and smell the cactus :)

    ReplyDelete