Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

I hate waiting!

Patience has never been my virtue and I'm currently waiting on two very important things so it's really driving me nuts.
I've had two interviews for the job I really want and now I have to wait until next week to see if I can move forward in the hiring process or if I failed and wasn't chosen. That's crazy making. At least there was a lot of laughter at the peer review, that's a good thing right?
I want Sylvia to be done and home, I hate the waiting to get her back. I have faith that they can get the hub to fit, but I'm still worried. I'm starting to wonder why I thought this was a good idea.
I decided to alleviate my worry by researching other bikes and that's been fun. If I do have to replace her I will probably save my pennies and go the custom route. I don't want to have to look forever again. I wish Linus made 8 speeds in my size.
I just got off the phone with a very nice man who gave me several tips on how to make her better. His website is DBC City Bike Design  and it would take a while, but I do like that he's worked with short people like me before. His Facebook has lots of great pics of bikes they've built as well as some of the neatest dishes. There's also a really great looking coffee table.
I just really hope I don't have to get a new bike and they don't break her by accident. It's taken me a year to get her this way and the thought of starting over sucks.  Well that's enough moping, I have bedding to hand sew for Rory because I killed the electric sewing machine and my treadle has decided that needles are more fun to break and shoot than sew with.
Have fun!
Rory likes his new ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment