Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Nothing much going on here

Sorry I haven't written, there hasn't been anything going on. I'm still searching for someone to take over my studio so I can stop paying rent. Until then it's still a heavy weight on me. I haven't made any Etsy sales yet, but I'm sure I will soon. I do have a custom order to complete though. A client wants a hematite and garnet y necklace. I'm looking forward to that, in my head it looks amazing. My writing has been a bit stalled lately. I feel so pressured from everything else that the blank page is actually kind of soothing and I find myself staring at it in a strange sort of relief. I kind of just stare at the white and feel like I'm floating. It's not normal, but I think my brain needs the rest. The story is still clamoring to get out though so I need to get on with it.
Got to go to Concert Under the Stars on Saturday and that was great. A lady sat next to us with her dogs and the sheltie kept snuggling up to me. It was nice to stare up at the stars with the music washing over me and the furry dog demanding to be petted. Z spent most of the time talking to his friend D. She's nice enough, but I kind of wish I had gone alone. I can't wait until next year when it happens again. It had been a long time since I just watched the sky.
This week I only have 2 clients scheduled so I'll be hitting the parking lot to go fishing. I really hate fishing. It feels a bit like begging or soliciting. Maybe I should wear something a bit more revealing to get more in the mood. That would really bring the people in! Just kidding, I'll just hook them with my big green umbrella and drag them back to my lair. At least I run a catch and release program, they just look better for it. Sorry, I really want seafood right now.
This Sunday Z has some models coming in to shoot. It was going to be to promote my salon, but he still wants to do it. It will be interesting to see how it goes. I've never worked with models before, I get to style their hair. Excited about that.
Life is chugging along and looking up. I just need to work on my perception of it is all.

3 comments:

  1. Slowly, slowly, small steps. I love the picture I have of you meditating on a white piece of paper. I can see how soothing it could be as well.
    Happy fishing, and good luck - with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Chin up, tits out!" Keep hangin' in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the smile! Sadly walking like that makes me trip. I can do this, it's just going to take time.

    ReplyDelete