Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Yard sales Are Fun

Today is the one year anniversary of my mom's death. I was mopey this morning so Husband took me out yardsaling. Retail therapy always cheers me up. We got a late start so most were blah but I did get a ton of books to read and these two scores.
I've wanted a trench coat for a while and this one from London Fog actually fits! Now I wish it was winter again.
I love this print we found and hung it up as soon as we got it home.
Sadly, I still miss my mom. This was the first time I've gone to yard sales without her and it wasn't the same. I didn't even have it in me to haggle over prices. She's probably laughing at me for that.
Neat new things don't replace cranky older ladies very well.



6 comments:

  1. Nothing replaces cranky old ladies very well. Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yard saling in your Mom's honour is a great way to remember her. But haggle next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate haggling, but she was a master at it. Once got a leather couch for $10 with delivery.

      Delete
    2. Great deals, I love the print! Sorry about your mom, I'm sure she'd be happy you went yard saling.

      Delete
  3. That print is great. I'd likely not dicker about the price, just happy I'd found it.

    ReplyDelete