Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Day for Thinking.

You'll probably have days like today yourself. I got up excited to go to the salon and do some hair. I was happy to be going to work. Then I get to work and my first client is late. She calls and I tell her it's ok, because it is really. I don't mind waiting the five minutes it takes her to get here.
   The cut goes great and she loves it. That makes me happy, as does the fact that she gets to go start her new job today. It's an exciting time in her life and I'm grateful to be a part of it. She gives me a hug as she leaves. I turn to clean the studio in preparation for the next client.
    This client is also late, but seeing as she's the only other one I have today I give her a while. I'm still in a good mood from the other lady. Finally I call her. Even though she had been sent a reminder by text and by email she had forgotten and couldn't make it anyway. I felt my day sliding downhill from its great start and grabbed hold to keep it on track. I rescheduled this lady for next week and hung up shaking my head.
     Sometimes people confuse me, maybe the second lady really had forgotten. I thought about it for a while then realized that it doesn't matter. In the grand scheme of things her missed appointment didn't matter. I got a lot of things done that I wouldn't have had time for if she came in and still managed to make what I would have made if she had come in by selling a necklace. It all worked out in the end.
   It made me think about how often I let another persons actions affect my mood. I have no control over her so why did I let it bother me? I need to not let others affect my mood and get back to enjoying my ride.
 I suggest you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment