Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

My prayer beads make me happy.

Over a year ago I made a set of prayer beads based on the mala crossed with the paidirean of the Céile Dé. It has 108 wood beads split into 3 sections by tigereye and with a drop of garnet and tigereye beads. It ends with a small stone goddess. I strung it on steel beading wire to make it last. As the wire stretches with use I close the slack with tiny silver crimp covers.
There's something soothing about slowly working the beads through my fingers as I breathe. It's a great way to start and end the day. It helps me to recharge my batteries. It's also my favorite act of devotion to Goddess.
Do you have any practices that work well for you?

5 comments:

  1. Welcoming sunrise or sunset. Wandering around the garden, being thankful for all I see. Breathing on a square. Patting the soft furry bellies of the cats, listening to them purr, watching the birds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your prayer beads are lovely, lovely, LOVELY! And extra-special because you made them yourself.

    I have two main acts/practices of devotion to the Divine Feminine -- walking labyrinths and facilitating my Women's Drumming and Goddess Chanting Circle every month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I think every act of creation is an act of devotion. I wish I had a garden, but the dogs and turtles tend to destroy it. I wish I had a labyrinth near me, that would be fun. How do you breathe on a square?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You slowly breath in for a measured count, then out for a measured count, then in, then out visualising the square as you go - first breath is one side, second the next...Repeat as many times as necessary. I don't know why it works - but it does for me.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! That's a really good technique. I'll have to try it soon.

      Delete